Saturday, September 22, 2012

A little idea started it all....

Over the years I have been tempted by many different places to buy expensive items that can easily be made at home with just a little time and some dirty fingers. As the economy started to fail, I no longer could justify, for example $99.95 for a wreath. I decided to start looking elsewhere. Then an article appeared in the paper and on a few news reports about how $1 stores are booming with the bad economy. I decided hey I'll look and see what they've got. Was I surprised by the goodies I found! I decided to do what I always said I would do: why buy it when I can make it?! So now I've decided that when I see something I like, I would do my best to see if I could purchase the same or similar items at the $1 store or at a discounted price on a website or store and make the items myself. I hope some of the items I've recreated myself make many of you out there rethink some of those expensive splurges and make you pick up your trusty glue gun and carefully get crafting! I know everything doesn't look exactly the same, but if I can make something look similar and save, in some cases $91, I'll be happy with the difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment